Fortunately, most of my classmates either agreed with me or didn't complain when I said I wanted to do character design. Chances are, I'm probably aiming for the stars, but then again, I'm sure somebody out there said you should aim high.
Anyway, here is a summary of my initial 3 pitches to the class:
Create one highly detailed character model
Try for 2 character models, but scale back if necessary
- Model should correspond to industry standards and serve as something that could potentially land a job
- Model will be around 10,000 triangles
- normal map, spec map, spec color map, ambient map, glow map and diffuse maps.
- Normal map will be created using a hi-res version of the model in Zbrush
Create 4 hand-painted stylized character designs.
-Models will be stylized and targeted at specific companies:
- Hand-painted texture style
- Exaggerated proportions
- Low-poly < 5,000 triangles
Concept $ illustrated 3 characters
- Full models sheets for each character
- Fully illustrated portraits of the three characters in environments
More to come...